Personal Information Processing Policy
simplyO takes the protection of users' personal information very seriously and is committed to protecting the personal information that the user provides to the company online while using the company's services in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
When the personal information processing policy is changed or amended, it will be notified through the personal information processing policy on the first page of the shopping mall.
■ Purpose of collection and use of personal information
simplyO co. does not disclose user's personal information without prior consent of the user.
The collected personal information items and the purposes of collection and use are as follows
- Name, ID, Password: Used for identity verification process using for membership service usage
- E-mail address, phone number: To secure communication path for notification delivery and complaint handling, to announce new services, new products and event information
- Bank account information, credit card information: Pay fee for services and additional services
- Address, phone number: Invoice, Secure the correct shipping address for invoice and item delivery
- Other optional items: Materials to provide personalized services
- IP Address: Prevent abuse and unauthorized use of fraudulent members
- Legal representative information for subscribers under 14 years of age: For personal information collection of children under the age of 14, confirm legal representative’s consent
In addition, information collected from the above is utilized in contract execution and fee settlement for the service provision, member management, marketing and advertising.
■ Collected Personal information items and collection methods
simplyO co. requires you to enter your email address for providing services online when you sign up as a member.
In addition, you can be requested to enter your personal information to conduct surveys, analyze event statistical data, or provide gifts. However, we do not collect sensitive personal information (such as race and ethnicity, ideology and creed, hometown and homeland, political orientation and criminal record, health status, and sex life) that may be of concern to violation of your basic human rights, and when it must be collected inevitably, we will get the prior consent of the users.
■ Retention and use period of the collected personal information, and procedure and method of destruction
In principle, simplyO co. will destroy the personal information of the user when the purpose of collecting and provision of the personal information is achieved. If it is necessary to retain the information in accordance with related laws such as the Commercial Act, the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Company keeps the member information for a certain period as stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations.
simplyO co. shall use the information it keeps solely for the purpose of preservation, and the period of retention is as follows.
- Record on agreement or withdrawal
- Record on payment settlement and supply of goods, etc.
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute settlement
simplyO co. shall process the valuable member’s personal information safely and destroy personal information through the following methods to prevent leakage.
- Personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed by shredding in a paper shredder or incinerating.
- Personal information stored in the form of electronic files shall be deleted using a technical method that the records cannot be reproduced.
■ Sharing and provision of collected personal information
In principle, simplyO co. does not disclose personal information to the outside. However, except in the following cases.
- Cases when there is prior consent of user to disclose
- Cases when it is necessary for the settlement of the fees according to the service provision
- Cases when the service use agreement posted on the website and the use agreement of other member services or operating principles are violated
- Cases when there are sufficient grounds to believe that the personal information must be disclosed in order to take legal actions against the mental or physical harm caused to others using our service
- Cases in accordance with the provisions of the Act or when there is a request from government/investigative agency in accordance with the legitimate procedures as prescribed by the related laws
- Cases when it is provided to advertiser, partners or research organizations, etc. in a form that a specific individual cannot be identified for statistical writing, academic research or market research.
■ Matters concerning the management of the user's own personal information (viewing, correction, deletion, etc.)
If the member would like to, you can view personal information and edit the required information retained by our company at any time. In addition, you can always view, modify, or delete any additional information other than the required information requested upon membership registration. You can change or delete your personal information and withdraw your membership after login at our Customer Center.
■ Matters on the operation of cookie
We use the cookie method for member authentication.
※ How to reject cookie settings
Ex: To reject cookie setting, you can select the option of your web browser either to accept all cookies, check each time you save cookies, or reject to store all cookies
Example of setting method (for Internet explorer)
: At the top of your web browser Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
■ Personal information management for non-member customers
- In case of non-member orders, we will only ask for personal information that is necessary for shipping, payment, and delivery of goods, and the payment information and recipient information you enter will not be used for any purpose other than use related to payment and delivery of goods.
■ Entrustment of personal information
We may disclose certain of your personal data to affiliates and personnel who need to know the information for the purposes described above.
- Service providers : We may use service providers acting on simplyO's behalf to perform some of the services described above. For example, we share certain information with service providers who assist with the processing of credit cards and payments, hosting, managing and servicing our data, distributing emails, and shipping. We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These vendors, consultants and service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers
- External advisors : We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These vendors, consultants and service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers
- Other Third Parties : In certain limited circumstances, we share and/or are obligated to share your personal data with other third parties, including (a) to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of simplyO, our customers and the public, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the health or safety or any person or of our systems or services; (b) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, assets or stock by another company (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and/or (c) with your consent and at your direction.
■ Feedback about personal information & Matters on complaint handling & Personal information manager information
We are committed to make sure that you can use good information safely, and we do not ask you for passwords directly in any way.
simplyO co. ltd.
Teheranro 26gil 14 fl.10, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea